Sunday 2 October 2011

Preliminary task.

The brief given to us for our AS preliminary task is as follows:

Continuity task involving filming and editing a character opening a door, crossing a room, and sitting down in a chair opposite another character, with whom she then exchanges a few brief lines of dialogue. This task should demonstrate match on action, shot/ reverse shot and the 180-degree rule.

After reciveing this brief my group and I sat down and discussed ideas that would follow the brief but be entertaining as well. Following the discussion we wrote a script that incorpirated all of our ideas and edited it until we were all pleased, our final script is below.

Character one walks down the corridoor toward the meeting room, places hand on handle and opens the door.

Character one: Where have you been?
Character two: What do you mean?
Character one: I have been looking for you, for ages.
Character two: Oh, I see. I apologise. I was working on "the thing"
Character one: The thing is of great importance, I understand.

Character two slides a brown padded envelope across the table, the envelope is marked with a question mark, and gives character one a 'knowing' look.

Character two: I think you should leave now.

Character one departs swiftly.

Once character one is outside of the meeting room she turns the envelope over to reveal the words ' DO NOT OPEN, PRIVATE.' Character one then opens it and reveals that it is a cookie. The scene is ended by character one walking away eating the cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment